When you need to sell / transfer the vehicle to somebody via dealer, usually you will need to have the “Transfer PIN”.
If you could get the Transfer PIN yourself, then most probably you will not need to handover your IC to the buyer. There are 2 ways to do this :
- Go down to LTA personally (you must be the owner), queue and get it over the counter
- Just send a request online (using your SingPass) and LTA will mail the Transfer PIN to your registered address of the vehicle
To send a request online to get your Transfer PIN for your vehicle, please follow the instruction below.
1. Go to http://www.onemotoring.com.sg, then go to “Log In” near the top right and login via “SingPass” (owner of the car).
2. After logging in successfully with your SingPass, please follow the steps shown in the picture below.
3. Select “Vehicle” for Asset Type and then click “I Agree” to proceed.
4. Under Asset Type, select “Vehicle” and all the Car Plate number that is under your ownership will be displayed Select the Car Plate number of the car that you want to request the Transfer PIN for and click “I Agree”.
Upon completion of this part, you should receive the LTA vehicle Transfer PIN within 3 to 5 working days.
NOTE : Leave the Transfer PIN sealed if you are planning to sell the car to a 3rd party.